Friday, August 26, 2011

Cable On the Side Mittens Review


This is a review of Maggie Menzel's Cable on the Side Mittens.




This is the second pair of mittens I've knitted and I must say these are, in my limited opinion, wonderful.  I'm much more likely to knit a pair of fingerless gloves than mittens, so I was a bit intimidated by the top of the mittens and finishing off the thumb.  The pattern is incredibly clear, and even for a relatively newbie, (to mittens at least) such as myself, after reading the actual pattern I felt much better about it.  The nice thing about these mitts is that they look far more complicated than they are to knit. 

It took me about 5 hours over three days to knit the first mitten (I will admit the mid portion gets tedious because of the relative simplicity and repetition of the pattern. I kept cheating on the mitten with other projects.) but was great for quick cast off gratification. 

No comments:

Post a Comment