Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Finally publishing patterns

So for every pattern I have on needles written by someone who knows what they're doing (eg not me) I have 2 to 3 that are monsters I'm creating.  A full fifty percent get frogged, or put into back of the closet banishment, but a decent amount turn out cute stuff.  However I generally suck at documenting what I'm doing while knitting, and have several different things going at once.  So I'm making a concerted effort to actually post and share the things I've done. 

On the one hand being honest I've only been knitting about two years, and quite honestly every time I think I know what I'm doing I make some insanely ridiculous mistake that humbles me.  (I suspect I will be knitting for 40 years and still have that happen, but still.)  I tend to lean towards not learning proper ways to do things if they look scary (read : any effort on my part at all) and frankenknitting things to at best, strange result.  On the other hand I find that because I don't know how to do things correctly sometimes I stumble upon pay dirt and a way of doing things that other people either haven't tried, or haven't executed.

The first of these things is may Wavy Crockett Shawl.  It's a crescent shawl that doesn't use short rows and is done from left to right.  I'm honestly still working with the shaping to perfect the curve, but if you want something a little different, but easy as pie, this should work for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment