Thursday, June 9, 2011

Damn Ewe!

So I'm seeing even more of a shift towards natural fibers in my buying habits.  I've started doing a circular shawl in a bamboo / ewe mix (so stretchy!  lurve that!), and found myself today buying a skein of Bamboo Ewe from Debbie Stoller "just to try out."  On the one hand I do still love me some acylic (Caron Simply Soft lives in a special part of my heart), it's easy to wash, less expensive and has a gazillion colors.  My main issue is outside of sock yarn, it's mostly DK weight and heavier.  It's muuuch eaiser to find lighter wieght yarns made of natural fibers.  Also the self striping sock yarn is good for socks, not so much other projects, I think it tends to look a bit wonky even in shawls and scarves.  However I'm still working on a passel of stuff for family in Missouri, so easy wash thicker yarn has a large part of my stash.  But if they come out with more colorways of Bamboo Ewe, there's going to be trouble...

No comments:

Post a Comment